Discover Australia with the new Qantas safety video
Friendly Australians and stunning destinations are the stars of a new Qantas safety video that showcases Australia as an amazing place to visit.
Due to screen on hundreds of Qantas flights a day to a global audience of almost 30 million people a year, the short video features Australians from all walks of life talking passengers through the on-board safety instructions against the backdrop of locations across the country.
The scenarios featured in the video include:
- An oxygen mask demonstration at the Museum of Old and New Art in Hobart;
- A life-jacket demonstration at Bondi Icebergs;
- A brace position demonstration during a yoga class on Hamilton Island;
- Counting rows to the exit on a Yarra Valley winery; and
- An emergency slide demonstration at Josephine Falls in Queensland, among others.
The video will be introduced across Qantas’ domestic and international fleet from February, as well as featuring on the airline’s online channels. While the video is first and foremost a safety communication, it will also form the basis of a new tourism campaign.